Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which dr for ppd?

I have questions about postpartum depression. Which dr do I make an appointment with? My regular dr or my OBGYN?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Health

Answers (4)
  • either one can help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

  • either, but your ob/gyn might be more familiar with a counselor who specializes in ppd

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

  • Either one can help but your OB has more experience with it because of the number of women they deal with that develop PPD. You might get faster results from your OB.

    Answer by midnightmoma at 9:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

  • Your OB.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.