Is Obama in bed with big Pharma?

Would appear so
More than a million spectators gathered before the Capitol on a frosty January afternoon to witness the inauguration of Barack Obama, who promised in his campaign to change Washington’s mercenary culture of lobbyists, special interest influence and backroom deals. But within a few months of being sworn in, the President and his top aides were sitting down with leaders from the pharmaceutical industry to hash out a deal that they thought would make health care reform possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I thought this was common knowledge.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Common knowledge to those who follow politics. Health care reform won't hurt them a bit if it passes.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yes but the information is interesting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• It is common knowledge but the link does provide an explanation and video that most can understand without having to delve to deep into political or legal mumbo jumbo. Also dont forget the average voter isnt into politics as much as those who post here or on other sites about politics. Its never wrong to try and educate the public on issues that affect them.

Answer by gemgem at 10:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I believe it.

It is a wonder that Obama doesn't have an STD by now.....he's been in so many beds...........

#1
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• yourspecialkid
    I believe it.

Thanks for my first laugh of the day!
    JonesboroGypsy

Answer by JonesboroGypsy at 11:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Not surprising.

Many speak of Tort reform as 1 possibleHC reform solution. Why do you think a group of lawyers/politicians refuse to entertain and explore THAT option?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I don't know why anyone is surprised. Big Pharma is doing the same thing they did during the last administration as well. Did we forget about the Medicare drug plan? Either way it's the same shit, different day, same bull, different president.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• ASA- Agreed. This is why the constant droning about THIS Pres and THIS admin falls on my deaf ears. IT'S A SYSTEM FAILURE. A SYSTEM THAT NEEDS TO BE REFORMED. HOW COME A THIRD PARTY CANDIDATE HAS NO CHANCE OF BEING ELECTED AS POTUS? Why are ppl ok with the limited (and at times corrupt) options???? I think the myopic focus on OBAMA detracts from more important and far reaching problem.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2010