Ok so i've been seeing this guy...

hes yet to meet my daughter ( that is a very good thing!!) and ive yet to meet his son friends family etc.. ok so the deal is i have a facebook and on the relegion place i put 50/50 heaven or hell, he calls me last night jercks me awake yelling at me telling me that its wrong and why would i put that then starts talking about the fact that i like strange stuff and that we arent on the same page, i know this is a cycle weve already been through that and im tired of it i love him but he cant love me unless he loves the reasons that make us different as well with the ones that make us alike

ahstiles

Asked by ahstiles at 9:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I think there is something 'off' about him if he got so upset and felt he had to call you right then and scream at you over something so trivial as a fb comment. If he was upset about your comment then he should have waited and discussed it with you calmly at another time. Personally I would end it and would not stay with someone who did this, especially if this is not the 1st time he has done it. I would hate to live with that spectre haunting me- wondering what little thing will set him off and trigger the behavior again. If you truly love him and want to keep the relationship, then I strongly urge you to get him into couples counseling.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Sounds abusive to me. I would run. But I've been in an abusive relationship before so maybe I just see that where it isn't.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Was he high? That's not normal and it's not okay to do what he did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• He wasnt high, i just dont understand him at times
    ahstiles

Answer by ahstiles at 10:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I don't think he is abusive - Is he very religious? I had this problem with someone I dated before, he was catholic and i'm a secular humanist. It wasn't that he didn't care about me, it was that their 'love for jesus' was stronger then anything. If you don't have the same views, it may end up being a big problem for him, and you. I would try to sit him down and have a conversation about it. For religious, God is usually the most important thing...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• he believes in the good book and trys to live by it the best he can but hes not a saint, we have the same beliefes but i guess he takes it a little more to heart then i do, however if he did take it to the heart we wouldnt be doing the things we do he wouldnt be getting a divorce or commited addultry *sp? i guess i feel like its ok for him to express his views and expect everyone to live by them but himself
    ahstiles

Answer by ahstiles at 10:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I also think it sounds abusive. Get away while you can. Any man who wants to scream and yell at you for your beliefs (or anything silly relating to a belief system) like that ISN'T good. I've been down this road and it only leads to worse things.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• He sounds scary. I would think it was a subject that could have been discussed calmly at a more appropriate time than waking you from sleep to scream at you. I don't know that I'd want him in my child's life acting like that. He could be dangerous.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on Feb. 16, 2010