What the heck is going on??? (Heavy period question...thanks)

I was late on my period about 5 days then Feb. 10th I started but not heavy (usually I last 7 days) and that is when the period is slowing down so by my 8th day it is completely gone. Anyway on the 14th,15th & 16th (today) I wake up in the mornings heavy as I get out of the bed and sit upright that is when I feel a gush (sorry TMI) I called my gyno and she wants to see me...WHAT???... SHE WANTS TO SEE ME I AM ON MY PERIOD!!! What the heck what is she going to do I am so puzzled about this...Why can't she just talk to me on the phone?

Thank you ladies for listening....venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Health

• Because doctors don't do that. They want the money for the office visit. Don't get upset. It could be uterine fibroids. A simple ultrasound can detect that and yes they do it while on the period. yucky but they do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Becaese then she can see how heavy it is. Over the phone does not help her understand it. To you it may be very heavy but to them it is not a concern when they see it. I hope I said that right. So i understand why they want to see you. Plus if it is a heavy they are concerned about they can do what ever they need to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Thanks admckenzie that is said about the office visit (the are just wanting the money)

What do you mean about (BECAUSE DOCTORS DON'T DO THAT)???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• She needs to see you to help you figure out what is going on. It may be fibroids. Or you could have miscarried. Those are 2 possibilities among many others. But the only way for her to know is to see you. I know that is embarrassing, but she sounds like a good doctor.
    Anonymous