Do you have a mean dh/so like mine??? (Sometimes)

I mean I love him so much but he can be so cruel about my feelings I get my feelings hurt so easily I hate being this way but I am he says I need to grow some balls...I just tell him you are so mean not everybody can be an asshole like him.
He is a supervisor at a plant and he has to be a hard ass...I tell him yes I understand but you don't have to be so mean. He is a very good man in every way but damn that hard assness of him...I hate it.
Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• yup, it took me years to adjust. Some men are just hard core. I think many of them are sociopaths (having no empathy or compassion for others). Mine used to tell me to toughen up all the time. I told him to go buy a heart. We ignored each other's advice but he did finally tell me to stop taking what he says personally. I did and we get along a lot better now. It's HIS issue so don't make it your's. I remember one time telling him "please don't be mean" and he said he was never mean to me. We just saw things differently!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My husband has been like that. For some time now I tell him firmly each time that happens he can choose to be nice and see often his kids and save money with only one household or he has to loose time with his kids split between households and pay more money supporting two households.

Men only see what's right in front of them. So you have to put his life and your life in front of him in plain language each time he'as an ass.

I strongly suggest counseling for you to understand your moral and legal rights. You are not obligated morally or legally to put up with him.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2010