So depressed cant find a job...

I was laid of in June of last year and there are no jobs to be found here in So Ca. I have looked at a bunch of at home jobs and they all seem like scams. Any ideas ladies? Tks.

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 10:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Trust me, your not the only one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Same Here! I'm Sorry! Hugs for you!! My DH lost his job of going on 25 Years. He's been off work for 13 months. Got his termination letter of being terminated! I'm jobless. My DD lost her job of close to 5 Years! DD lost her hours at the Walmart! Been cut to one part time shift one day a Week. She has 3 Small young Babies! Her DH goes on/off lay off's too!! Its Sad! I can barely Sleep. Just worry. Can't pay bills or have health care!! Oh for jobs of any kind .
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I am sorry! Try westathome.com
    Join my work at home group as well. We scout for online jobs that are LEGIT and then share with each other.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/30431
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 11:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Go to newcareer4me.info or Work @ Home Success Blog for a HUGE list of at home JOBS. All legit.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Try cleaning houses, babysitting or dogwalking. I sell Avon and it helped pay for my daughter's wedding. Start up cost: 20.00. That gets you everything you need for a month. My website is c-theavonlady.com. I would be happy to answer any questions.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 5:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the

Answer by rkoloms at 3:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• There are more great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837