FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY???!!!

My daughter will be turning one in july and i think since its her first birthday its a big deal. so how was your one year old's? did you make a big deal out of it or just throw a little party? a lot of presents or just a few?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 11:00 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine was just me, hubby, and the kids. I did not have a huge party since #1 my kid won't remember it #2 my children didn't need a ton of new toys, they had more than enough #3 a big party would have been too much for my children emotionally.

Save the big party for when the child will have some concept of what is going on and actually be able to remember the party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My dd is turning one next month and I plan on starting to plan it later this week.... so wow you're quite ambitious.... I know the last 2 1st birthday parties I went to the parents rented a hall and had it catered and had a DJ and a dance floor (one even had a bartender which I thought was totally innapropriate to be drinking at a child's b-day party) but anyway.... we are having ours at our apartment complex's club house, cuz it's free... and we are just doing a pizza party thing... plus cake and desserts of course.... I do have a couple Ideas for adult type games... since my dd is too little for kiddie party games. well one, on the invitation (which I'm just making flyers and mailing them out) I'm putting "BRING SOMETHING FOR SOPHIA'S TIME CAPSULE" whether it be a lil note or token of love, or lil trinket.... we want to make a time capsule that she can open up on her 10th birthday... also other games will include...
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:08 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• We did tiny 1st birthday parties and bigger 2nd birthday parties. By the 2nd birthday they were much more ready for a real party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• cont,,, draw Sophia in 30 seconds...... check off the checklist what Sophia can do (like walk? recognize certain colors? point to different body parts?) and the prizes will def include a chance to babysit the birthday star herself... lol..... anyway and as for gifts... my DH insisted on buying her a four whealer...ugh! a real one too a Kawasaki... oh boy
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I'd keep it small. I've seen way to many melt downs from little kids getting overwelmed. To many people, to many presents, to much noise, etc. At 1 it's more for the adults then the child as the child doesn't remember it. I was actually at one party where the mom let her 1 year old eat an entire 4 inch cake and then wondered why the child was sick that night.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• For my son, we had a huge family get together at a pizza parlor. Did the gifts pizza and of course cake and ice cream. My daughter is also turning 1 in July, but for her we may have to make ita lil smaller. My son has always been a big ppl person, my daughter, shes kinda shy, and she cries alot at new, or even old ppl. She cried last night when my mom came to the car to say hi. We shall see how shes doing in a few months and go from there
    Anonymous

• We had a party for my daughters 1st birthday. It was fairly big, about 25 people... 10 kids, mostly adults lol. We went all out with decorations and cake... I wouldn't go overboard with gifts, because she probably doesn't need many... Get clothes, books etc. Whatever she likes to do, incorporate it. That's my advice. If she likes to eat, center the party around the cake.... if she likes puzzles, have a bunch of puzzles and blocks on the floor for the kids to play with...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 1:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2010