Dieting question

SO, the baby is weaned and I have decided I'm going to get myself play-boy worthy by bikini season. I'm doing tae-bo three times a week and pilates twice plus I walk 1 to 2 miles daily weather permitting.

Here's my question, I'm 5'7 and only 125lbs so weight isn't really an issue for me, just inches. You know, toning the mommy belly and getting rid of the jiggly butt. Should I still be cutting calories to help burn off the cellulite or should I be protein loading to help build muscle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Do not cut calories it will only sabotage your efforts. If you cut too many calories your body will begin to take from your muscle for energy. It takes 3 to 4 months to build muscle which will tone your body.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 3:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• unfortunately cellulite doesn't go away with weight loss.

cellulite can be treated with different things, one of the best I've found is the coffee grounds
    mix of coffee and body lotion. Grind some coffee and mix the coffee grind with body lotion. All you need to do is to vigorously rub the coffee grind and lotion mixture on the parts of your body with cellulite. Let sit for 30 minutes then wash off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• cellulite WILL go away with exercise, but no weight loss alone. you have to do A LOT of toning. i think i'd do the protein, and cut back on the calories a little bit. tae-bo should be great :) good luck!
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 12:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Thanks ladies, you've been a big help!! I was thinking protein loading but wanted to be sure that was the best way to go. I was always a gym rat before kids but I've never been out of shape before and I've really let myself go over the last two years. (Got pregnant, nursed for a year, got pregnant again immediately then nursed another year.) Here's hoping I can fit that bikini by May!!
    Anonymous