What made the most memorable wedding you've been to so memorable?

Whether it was your own wedding or just one that you attended, what made it such a great night? Was there anything really unique?

landons.mama

Asked by landons.mama at 11:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine, We got married in my parents living room overlooking the lake. It was in October so the trees were so beaurtiful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• A co-worker's wedding.....her barely-ex-husband showed up and threw the groom into the wedding cake. :D Maybe not what you had in mind but that has been my favorite wedding yet.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• With my sisters wedding I will always remember it because of the dinner before the reception my brother-in-law stood up and started to sing to my sister in spanish. It was so romantic. Everyone in the room was crying.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 12:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My daughter had candles lit starting in the back of the church and when the flames got to us mom's we gave the candles to the children to light their unity candle. It involved everyone and symbolized everyone supporting them as a new family. She also had the minister with his back to the congration (sp?) so everyone could see the bride and groom.
    Anonymous

• Usually it's a memorable ceremony. I have been to $100,000 weddings and low-budget weddings and at the most expensive weddings I have had a miserable time due to something my date did or just generally not knowing anyone there. The more expensive weddigns are not always the most fun or memorable, imo. Of course, free booze never hurts!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2010