Did you Loose Or Gain Weight While Pregnant ?

when i was 1 mth prego i weighed 165 and just 1 week ago i went to the baby dr. & they said i had lost weight now i weigh 160 and my weight keeps moving .. everytime i go i either loose a pd or gain pd but ive not been over 161 the whole time .. and ill be 4 mths . feb.28th ..

is that normal

i have diebeties i had them before preganacy , also is there anything i might can do so that my baby want be a big baby because im a diebetic ?

_ this is my first preganacy , & i dont want anything to go wrong ,

if you all know anything or got any tips please post them .

Thanks

shawnanapier

Asked by shawnanapier at 11:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i gained a whole 60 lbs my pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Both. I had severe morning sickness and lost over 20 pounds at the beginning of both pregnancies. I gained it back plus some with both pregnancies leaving me with a net gain at the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I gained with the first 2 about 20 pounds and they were 7 and 8 pounds each. I lost with the last one, he was almost 3 weeks early and he was 6.9. In the beginning weight gain should be very minimal, about a pound a month in the first trimester then about a pound a week in the later stages of pregnancy. You have plenty of time, Baby will still get what it needs from you. Keep your DM under control and continue to eat healthy and drink your water. Everything should be fine.. A pregnant mother should increase her calories by 300 from what she normally eats.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Son I lost approx 40 pounds ... he was 7.12oz

Daughter I am not sure what the final outcome was.... lost maybe 60. I had lost 80 and then was on TPN (tube feedings) of 2000 calories 3.x a day so gained some back. She weighed 6.12oz but was healthier than my son since he had moderately bad jaundince
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• It is not uncommon to lose weight in the beginning. You are 4 months along, sometimes women don't really gain weight until late. I think I started gaining around 4.5 - 5months and it was more gradual at first. I ended up gaining 35 in total. If your dr. has a concern about your lack of weight gain I'm sure they will discuss it with you.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 12:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I had gestational diabetes and had to follow a low calorie diet since food I would eat would not change to energy. I had to test my sugar levels 5 times a day. My Dr. would tell me to eat protein and very little rice, corn, starches and flour items. My favorite breakfast was 2 eggs 2/3 bacon or sausage. No bread and no tortillas. For lunch I would have a steak/ham/chicken salad with water to drink. No sodas or high sugar drinks. For dinner I had meat and vegetables and very little rice 1/2 cup. The doctor sent me to a nutricionist to show me what proper servings would be and all this made me sad but knowing I was doing my baby good made it all worth it. I lost 30 pounds and didn't gain a pound with my baby but he was growing and doing well at every check up. He ended up weighing 7lbs 3oz. He was the lightest of my 4 babies. I wonder if I will have gestational diabetes again with this new baby coming? Ask your doctor before
    texasmamaof3

Answer by texasmamaof3 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I lost a bit when I was first pregnant, then gained a bit, then toward the end of the pregnancy I lost again. I think it's pretty normal and seems to be according to each woman.

I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant. I was able to keep it under control with one shot of insulin a day along with the diet I was put on and exercise. While your doctor (I'm sure) knows about your diabetes, you should make him/her aware of your concerns about having a big baby. Address them and get informed. My best personal advice: Make sure to follow the doc's advice if they put you on a special diet, it is the key to managing the diabetes well.

My son was not born a big baby, he came in at 7.19 and was quite small, despite being almost 8 pounds. Good luck to you momma! :)
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 12:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Doctors usually want you to gain some weight, usually at least 15 lbs. I gained 50, lol. Luckily I lost 43 of it within the first 3 weeks of having him. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• im 5 mths right now . & before i got prego i weighed 167 and i lost down to 159 and now i only weigh 161 .. i thought by now i would atleast be gaining some lol .. but idk thats why i posted the question.
    shawnanapier

Answer by shawnanapier at 11:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2010