Sleep and Potty Training question about my 3 year old son.....

I have been doing a little research and they are saying kids from 3-6 need naps in the afternoon, I was just wondering how many other moms give naps to there 3 year old? Who started potty trainig there 3 year son? They say it is easier for a man to potty train a boy b/c it clicks better, but my husband wont! So I need some advice on how to potty train him without getting upset becasue he throghs a fit when I try to show him how! ANy advice would be great thank you.

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 3 & 4 yr old refuse to take naps now. I know my 3 yr old could still use one but its not on her agenda. Anyway, I potty trained 2 boys just fine. They are teenagers now. I had no problems with it. You start them out sitting down anyhow. They just cant manage it standing right off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have 6 kids: 3 girls and 3 boys. My youngest son is only 3 months old, so he isn't ready for potty training yet...lol But with all of my other kids; I have been the one to do the potty training. All of them were started on training when they were 2 years old. Boys do take longer in general to train because their bladders are smaller. Here's an article I wrote on potty training that will get you started: http://www.xomba.com/potty_training_tips_and_tricks

If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to messege me and I will try to help you out the best I can.  I was also a preschool teacher for 8 years.  I lost count of the number of kids I helped through their potty training days.

Best of luck to you!

1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 11:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2010