Are we bodies with souls? or souls with bodies?

Let's try this again.

ACTUAL answers only please.

And stick to your OWN religion...not what you THINK other religions teach and why you think they are wrong.

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Souls with bodies..I believe we all have many lifetimes in order to better our souls..In every life we learn lessons and progress our souls..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Souls that inhabit a body depending on the life expectancy of that particular body. Not every body has a soul, some gave it away for a certain talent or $$, some had it stripped away by abuse when they were kids. These souls have already left & the body continues to function until its life expectancy is up. Think of your body as fruit, we all have a shelf life & will expire. Souls can be old that have been around for a looooonnnng time or can be created & begin their process of rebirth. Souls are both good & bad. Think Charles Manson's "soul" bet that one didn't start out as Ghandi!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• We are bodies of energy, not souls. It is energy that spawns from the Earth and returns to it in cycle just like every other organic being on the Earth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• omg it sounds the same!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I think souls with bodies. The best description I ever heard was in What Dreams May Come. They say are you your house? House falls down you walk away, same thing with our bodies. Bodys fail, we die, we go on.

Answer by gemgem at 11:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Souls with bodies. The body wouldn't last long without its soul. My daughter and I were just talking about this the other day. We also believe that all living things have a soul (or life energy)... even plants. It bothers my dd to no end that some people teach that animal have no souls.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• "but you asked the same question as yesterday."

Duh, she stated in this question, "let's try this again". I'm assuming the other question was hijacked by stupidity.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

BINGO
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Souls with bodies. I don't see the phrases as being the same thing. There's a fundamental difference in belief, depending on which aspect you put empasis on: the soul or the body.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My personal belief is souls with bodies.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2010