Why do you care? How does it harm you?

Why do you care what others believe?

How does it harm you if someone believes differently than you? (Unless of course those beliefs spill over into our secular government.)

Why do you care if one has no god, another has one god, another has a different god, and another has many gods?

Why can't we live and let live?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love this question..

and for those that say they "spread the word" out of love.. Here is a tip. If you ask us kindly if we wish to hear about it.. then we will kindly tell you YES or NO.. If we say no.. kindly turn around and ask someone else. If you wish to talk with our children about God.. ask us first and we will tell you yes or no.. if we say no.. kindly turn around and ask someone else..

But when you shove things down our throats.. it's just plain annoying and pestering and at times extends to harrassment.. to (in some instances) can turn into a down right hate crime... or war.. so.. stick to what Jesus taught you.. ask kindly once.. if we say no... turn the other cheek and walk away.. no sense fighting a loosing battle with someone who could really care less.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I agree 100%
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• That's been my ? for a long time!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I agree but the same has to be said about those who choose to believe. Why do you care if I pray over lunch at work? Why do you are if my child wants to pray at school over her lunch? Why do so many ahtiests hate anything or anyone that has God in it? Tolerance is a two way street. You step on my rights and its no different then what youre going through. Period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Totally agree! I do not care!

Answer by older at 11:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Have to say that I personally could a rat's patoot what anybody believes in as long as they don't try and convert me. BUT, I know of a LOT of religions that believe it's their personal duty to convert anyone who does not believe the same them some even go so far as to consider a sin (or whatever their religion call their transgressions) to tolerate a non-believer.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Well said
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Doesn't bother me. In fact, it ticks me off when others are bashed for believing what they believe. I'm a Buddhist but would never bash ANYONE for being a Christian, Catholic or anything else. The only time I'd say anything is if they were trying to convert me.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I agree with you OP. I could care less what one person does or doesnt believe.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Actually I think you hit the nail on the head in your own question... I care what others believe BECAUSE religious beliefs DO spill over in to government, and thus affect my way of life. I believe the Government is there to protect people, not force them to live under unnatural rules of society just because their lifestyle doesn't fall in to the beliefs of the majority... If it doesn't harm anyone, it should be legal... Unfortunately religious beliefs have clouded government for way to long and continue to... So, the beliefs of others concern me because they affect me and mine!

For example - Gay marriage isn't legal in my state. Why? Because the religious beliefs of the majority voters causes them to vote against it... So, I am very concerned with the beliefs of others when they deny the rights and lives of others.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2010