how likely is it...

My boyfriend and I had sex, and he stupidly did not pull out when he knows that I am not on birth control anymore. I had my period last week, and it ended about 3-4 days ago. How likely is it that I could get pregnant? I have a child already, yes, but my ex and I had had sex a LOT, and I am not good with figuring out ovulation and all of that. Just curious if I should get a test or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if your period just ended 3 or 4 days ago, you are no where near close enough to test even if you did manage to get preg. Although you can ovulate at anytime, the standard is day 12 to 14 of your cycle..which means you count the first day of your period as day 1 then go from there 12 to 14 days forward & that would be the day you most likely ovulate. Sperm live about 2 or 3 days max...although its not unheard of for them to last 5 or 6 days even..just unlikely. Anyway, anytime you have unprotected sex of course there is a chance you are preg. but at this moment it would be too early to know that. You need to wait until you get closer to the day you expect your period to test. Ideally, wait till you actually miss your period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• There is always a chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Depends how long your period was..Danger days to get preg are like 12-14 from day one of period..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Use a friggin' condom. The "pull-out" method is not birth control. There are sperm in the pre-ejaculatory fluid. YEESH!
    Anonymous

• My periods are always irregular so that is why I was asking about it. I skip a month or 2, then have a period for a couple months, then skip, etc. My period was about 6-7 days at the most this month, I dont know if that helps any. I know there is always a chance, I was just curious as to whether it is likely I could be since it was so close to the end of my period, and since the danger days are 12-14 days from day 1 of your period. I would not know if I was irregular and skipping or actually pregnant. Any advice?
    Anonymous

• You act like I don't know to wear a condom. I usually make him, but he did not have any, and we just kind of went for it. Kind of heat of the moment thing, like you have not ever had one of those. I know the pull-out method is not birth control. That is how I got pregnant with my son the first time. And I also know that there are sperm in the pre-ejaculatory fluid. No need to be rude
    Anonymous

• Just take a test around the time you would expect to get your period. If its negative, wait a week..if no period test again. If you are pregnant by that time you would expect to get a positive test. Hope that helps.
    Anonymous

• Hey spur of the moment make the best babies. But if you weren't close to thinking of having a baby I see how you feel. I would say if you had a period you have a better chance of not being pregnant although there is still a small chance. I hope you get the answer you are hoping for. It must be hard to have a baby when you aren't ready.
    The moment of truth is among your boyfriend right now. How much is he willing to stick around? This will give you a great idea of how much of a man he is. Will he dissapear or is he ready for parenthood.
    texasmamaof3

Answer by texasmamaof3 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• It's likely enough, lol. That about when I got pregnant with my menstrual cycle, and it happened the very first vtime my husband didn't pull out. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Guess I am going to have to wait until March to get a test if I dont have my period! I agree, spur of the moment does make the best babies. My son is terrific and he was spur of the moment. I, for one, am ready to have another baby. I have been wanting another one for a while now. My boyfriend says he isnt ready for one yet....hes trying to get used to the fact that I am a mom, he has never been with a mom before. But he did say if I did get pregnant, he would be there for me and the baby no matter what. We shall see in March!
    Anonymous