Why can't SAHM's get sicks days?

I am so tired of my husband taking off & sleeping all day & night when he is sick. I don't get any sick days & I can't take the day off. When the kids are sick it is me who cleans up the vomit & diarrhea. I have been sick the past 2 days & I don't get a break nor do I get to sleep in. I think I need a job that pays so I can get sick days, lol. Maybe I should look into day care for those days I am sick so I can at least get a little bit of sleep during the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This is a luxury for us!!!!! I feel the same way and my kids are grown!!!!! even if I didn't have anyone to take care of, I am the sole supplier to keep my household running smoothly, with no sick days!!!!! I agree with the first comment, unionize and revolt!!!!

Answer by older at 11:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I still think we should start a movement to get salaries for stay at home moms...let's unionize and revolt lol. We can get help paying for daycare to let unqualified strangers raise our kids but we can't get a supplemental income to stay at home ourselves and take care of them properly...at the very least sahm's should get a tax credit ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Have someone you trust come watch your kids @ your house, you can still care for them a bit but you can also sleep & don't have to worry bout your kids infecting all the kids @ daycare, if you & hubby are sick then its a matter of time before they get it too! Hope you feel better!!! & make sick hubby help you, he's a parent now, there are no such things as days off for EITHER of you!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• That's when you ask a good friend or relative to take the kids for a couple hours so you can rest..If that is not an option then park yourself on the couch and throw in a dvd for the kids and feed them something easy until hubby gets home, then make him take over with the kids or have him take them to the mall or park..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I hope you feel better soon. I will go to bed as soon as hubby gets home from work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Some of your husband's sick days are YOUR sick days too. If you are too sick to care for the kids, then he should be willing to use his sick time to stay home and care for you and the kids. When I had appendicitis my husband was able to use sick time to care for me and our son. If that's not an option then maybe you could put aside some money to save for a baby sitter on days when you're not feeling well?

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I'm not a SAHM, but I do work from home with the kids, which means no sick days for me either....but when I am REALLY sick, my DH will take the day off to care for the kids. He's done this also when I've wrenched my back really bad.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Totally understand the feeling. I was sick as hell last September with an awful flu but did my husband even take ONE day off to help me out when I couldnt even move off the couch? NOPE but all hell breaks loose if he's sick.

My mom used to tell me that men are the biggest babies if sick or hurt and she was right LOL, they are.

I personally think its in our job description as women to just deal and go on if sick or hurt. Its like our bodies just dont stop even when we desperately want them too LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• sahm's do get a tax credit.
    it is called the EIC.
    And to get a salary? who is going to pay you? Your children? So your children have to pay for your motherly duties?
    Anonymous

• sickI totally understand! I had the stomach bug on Valentines Day. I felt like I was going to die(assuming thats what it would feel like) lol ; On the other hand I was lucky enough to have my SO home seen as it was Sunday as well. I got it at 11 pm night before V'tines Day. Stabbing Pains, went away completely yesturday. The worst part was the 1st 8 hrs then it was just stabbing pain on/off in my tummy. My 10 yr old got it last night ,Not as bad, thank God ! But as for sick days we should have a ," MOMMY'S SICK HOTLINE", & The Nanny comes " RUSHING " to our bedside pen & paper , ready to do all~!~ Ahhh the life of the fantasy mom when I'm sick.' ~HUGS~ TO ALL THE SICK MOMMY'S~ FEEL BETTER~

Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2010