Pregnant and looking for a job change..am I crazy?

I am a few weeks pregnant. Likely 4-6 weeks pregnant. I havent gone to my first prenatal checkup yet so not sure how far along. I am extremely exhausted and scared of what my career holds for me. I have interviews coming up as I wanted to change jobs (this was before I knew I was pregnant). Any tips on whether a job change is good when you're pregnant and when should you disclose your pregnancy to your recruiter and potential employee?

shortypop

Asked by shortypop at 11:45 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well if you really need a job change. Do not tell them when you interview. Even though they can not use that against you. They can always say there was other reasons they did not chose you. I personal would not unless it is a extremely stressful job. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I changed jobs when I was 5 months pregnant. I told them and got the job... for being honest, partially. However, if you're not very far along, I'm not sure you need to tell them. Heck, you haven't even been to the doctor yet. I would hold off on telling anyone until you've had a prenatal visit. The other things to think about, are insurance and paid leave. You may want to consider waiting until after the baby's born if those things will be an issue.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Nope I took a second job while i was 5 months pregnant lol. Yes I hid it at the interview and when they noticed it was too late they would of looked guilty to fire me over that lol. In fact my pregnancy was adored by many especially what a hard, not lazy, never called out of work employee (except once for contractions) i was..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• It depends on what type of job. If this job has more stress or if you are becoming a police officer I would have to consider the stress it would cause me. I think only you know if you can do a job change. I would also not let them know yet because it does make a difference sometimes. Although not fair to the employer I say do what is best for you especially if you are going back to work after the baby. Be happy with your decision and if you are having second thoughts then you probably don't really want a job change.
    If you are planning on staying home with baby after the delivery then how much more are you gaining with a change and will you be risking being let go if they find out?
    texasmamaof3

Answer by texasmamaof3 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2010