What can help?

My oldest & second youngest has real bad diarrhea. It has made there butt hurt & they have a bad rash because of it. I had to keep them home cause they are only able to go to the bathroom 3 times a day &they have been going every 5 minutes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• brats
    bread, rice, apple juice, toast, soup
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 8:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• loooooooooong bath. Soak soak soak. Oatmeal if you have any on hand can be added to the tub
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Do you know what triggered the diarrhea? 'Cause if you do, I would address that first, then worry about how to make the bottom feel better. Otherwise you're just chasing your tail, kwim? So eliminate what is causing the diarrhea, then treat the sore bottom with lots of vaseline to protect the tissues inbetween bathroom runs. Keep the area as clean as possible and let it air out, too, if you can (yes, I mean going bottomless). If you suspect more than irritation is going on (ie..infection), then take the little one to the doctor for an antibiotic cream to treat the infection.
    Anonymous