how much do housecleaners make?

I was thinking about this as a job option for people i know personally at first to start the business. i have only had my house professionally cleaned once. There were 3 girls that did my whole house in about an hour and cost around 100 bucks. is that a typical rate in your area (i live in ohio if you were wondering.) any info you have would be greatly appreicated.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 12:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I did this for a while for someone I knew, they paid me $75 per cleaning. I was a waitress and they were regular customers and asked if I would be willing to do it. It was just basic mopping, sweeping, and dusting. The lady was a neat freak so it wasn't a lot of work for me. About 2 hours time for the whole house.
    Anonymous

• company makes a lot, employees usually make crap
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yes, I think that's typical for an entire housecleaning. In my area, Seattle Wa. individuals charge from $8.55 to $15 and hour.
    Anonymous

• I get one a few times a year for deep cleaning ... I usually pay about $12 an hour. Make sure you do NOT supply your own gear/cleaning products as this will hugely impact your earnings.

put a positive spin on it like "my clients get to have me use the cleaning supplies they already own, that way I am sure to have the place smelling and looking as good as you do!"
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I used to get paid 15/hr on my own 10 yrs ago.I then 5 yrs later worked for another cleaning & got 9$ hr. To date I think the going rate is 25$ HOUR. BIG COMPANY'S Tend to run different ways of payment. I would have to say 100$ 4 hrs would be a good deal.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• has anyone done housecleaning without working for a major company?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My Mom's housekeeper comes once a week and spends about 4 hours at her house.. I think they pay her $160. We're in TX
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• thank you for all the replies...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2010