boys, clothing

is there a valid answer (other than just consumer speculation) on why in any given store there is 6-8 girl items for each 1 boy piece of clothing?

Any store budget to pricey, every size from preemie to big guys.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• I have boy/girl twins and I get really frustrated with this. I find that while the girls have more styles available, the boys clothing is more durable. I have to buy my daughter more clothes because hers do not hold up as well. I wish there were more choices for my son and better quality garments for my daughter.
    Anonymous

• I don't know the answer, but I agree with your observation. Especially "dress" clothes, there is never much to choose from when looking for special occassion clothing for boys.

My son has grown enough now to wear men's clothing and the selection appears to be much better.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 12:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Well, girls have more choices, dresses, skirts, tights, accessories, pants, leggings, etc....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2010