recently bf-weaned 2yo

my 2yo has been weaned from breastfeeding for about a week now. she still co-sleeps. she used to sleep through the night but would wake up on occasion to nurse herself back to sleep. now, she wake up crying hysterically like a newborn baby at least 5 times a night. she wants to be rocked to sleep and won't allow me to lay back down, she just wants to sleep in my arms. i'm expecting her baby brother to be born in about a month and can't imagine waking up taking care of two cry-babies. we're thinking of transitioning her into a toddler bed and letting her cry it out when she wakes up at night because she's inconsolable anyway, but i've never been a "CRY-IT-OUT" type mom. would this be a good idea? any advice helps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could it be her molars are coming in? my grandma said that my mom when she was 2 started waking up screaming at night, she did it a few days in a row, and then my grandma realized she had her molars!! that was her 3rd child, and the only one who had such a hard time w/ the molars. just an idea. :) i'm also not a cry-it-out type, so i wouldn't do that... sorry i don't have anything more helpful. maybe she would like a drink of water?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2010