My 2 year old son screams that TERRIBLE cry when mommy and daddy are right there....and for no reason somerimes he wails out

He has done this when his daddy and I are both giving him our full attention, playing with him whatever. He has done that screechy scream when hes bored, or tired, or u know one of the normal reasons a toddler might act out. He has done this with nothijng wrong, full tummy, clean diaper/pull up, entertained (dso we thought) and fine in every way.

Like I said, we know why he does some of those whiny ANNOYING screams/cries, but most of them are just uncalledf for. They are very unsettling
We have tried to ignor him, or just tell him to talk normal and use big words like a big boy etc, but it seems like nothing seems to work.

So please something to help him stop doing this whine, or at leaast a coping method, because I have started to mutter under my breath, "oh my god shut the hell up" a couple of times.
We are losing our mind from this scream that more times than not is just uncalled for

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just ignore it or if it continues and I have told her to stop, she will get a time out until she is calm or 1 minute. The whining and attitude are usually gone at that point. I would also check to see if he is cutting any teeth. My LO has gotten out of control in the last few days and I just noticed that she is teething. I give her some motrin and I can actually stand being around her. I wish you luck but this will continue for a while, they are still learning which boundaries they can cross and which ones they can't.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Does it sound like he is in pain... If you don't think so, he may just be excited. Yesterday at the store my daughter just screeched as loud as she could and started laughing... they LOVE the reaction. Don't give one if you want it to stop. I know this kind of thing is easy to say, but try it.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 1:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2010