how old are kids when they remember their dreams?

i was taking a nap in my bed with my 3 year old daughter a few weeks ago, and i woke up before she did. i was watching her sleep, and all of the sudden she was smiling and laughing in her sleep, only for a few seconds, but she seemed so happy. when she woke up i asked her what she was thinking about when she was sleeping, but she said i don't know. i was just wondering for those with older kids, do you remember how old your kids were when they remembered what they dreamed about?

julianasprotege

Asked by julianasprotege at 12:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams. My children rarely talk about theirs either. Even if they remember, they only remember bits and pieces. Unless it was a nightmare, a dream is gone in about 10 minutes after waking up.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I don't remember exactly how old I was, but I used to have really bad night mares, and I know it was some where between 3-4.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 12:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2010