Breastfeeding vs Bottlefeeding (Formula) Seriously?

I posted a journal on this and was curious what other thought. I would really like other opinions, but please keep it respectful. Thank you.

Sillybillymel

Asked by Sillybillymel at 12:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• did someone seriously compare formula to cocaine!!?? Women with views like this upset me to no end. Mothers will do what is best for their children and for their families. I think all women should try to breastfeed and make a personal decision based on their own experience.
    Anonymous

• I believe breastfeeding is best. I also was a failure at breastfeeding 3 times, so I appreciate the availability of formula.
    Anonymous

• It's every mothers personal choice. Period.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 12:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• while breastfeeding provides protection from illnesses, formula is better for babies with weight gain issues (personal experience)
    It's the mother's choice
    I don't care and don't comment either way. All I care about is that the mother is feeding their baby.
    Anonymous

• it shouldnt be a choice, just like cocaine shouldnt exist.
    Anonymous

• I also feel breastfeeding is the best. But when I was going to school and the only place I could pump was in my car (when it was below zero out or in the bathroom. I use fomula. It was nice to have that opion. Otherwise I would not have been able to finish school. With my second I did not have that problem and breastfeed the whole time.
    Anonymous

• I bf'd both my kids and am very pro bfing, but beyond that, I think each mom should make their own educated decisions for their children and not worry about what others think. On the flip side, I get crap all the time for bfing my kids too long. You can't make everyone happy, that is for sure, just do what you feel is right and the best choice for your family and that's it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I think that though I know breast is best, a bottle feeds a baby to. the important thing is that the baby get fed. Is it not? Not to mention a baby can bond with a bottle feeding mother just as much as a breast feeding mother. Both mothers have invested just as much into the needs of there children. Both mothers can get just as much eye to eye skin to skin contact. So yes, breast milk has more benefits BUT formula still meets the baby's needs. A child can thrive either way.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

I'm not sure what that even means?
    Anonymous

• i like to bf, but i had to ff my first. some moms don't like bf, to each her own
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2010