What is the best product to use to clean the inside of the microwave?

I think I am the only one in the house that covers my food when microwaving! I am tired of trying to get the dried food off the sides of the microwave..gross! So how do you keep yours clean?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 12:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• put water and vinegar in a bowl, microwave for 1 min, and it should be easy to clean off.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I will boil water in my microwave for two mins and then wip it off with a wet paper towel.
    Anonymous

• heat water to boiling and let it steam to loosen yucky stuff. wife out with paper towels and a lot of elbow grease. Beat those not covering food!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I do the bowl of water method then wipe with a magic eraser :) works like a charm!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works great! Buy the extra power ones, they work better.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I put a mug of water in and heat it for 2 minutes sometimes 3 depending on how dirty it is. The moisture loosens everything up then i can take a rag to the inside and wipe it down, i wash the plate in warm soapy water. Typically if i use a cleaner in the microwave it is just a little bit of dishsoap that is on the rag. I use palmolive and it works really well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• put a cup of water in the microwave and nuke it for 2 minutes.... the moisture helps losen up any dried on stuff.... then use your cleaner of choice... windex works great, but if your a germ freak like me.... use lysol kitchen cleaner
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 12:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I put a wet washcloth in the microwave and heat for 1 minute. Let it sit for another minute, then just take another damp cloth (NOT the one you heated, it will still be hot and may burn) and wipe everything down. No cleaners, not much scrubbing.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I put a bowl of water in the microwave and nuke it for about 30 seconds. Then scrub with a baking powder and water paste. Rinse and that's it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Ditto what everyone else said but I boil half a lemon in the water. I don't know if it cleans better than just hot water but it does smell nice and fresh. We never cover up anything and I don't have to scrub.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2010