whats the difference between being IN love with someone and LOVING someone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I think when your IN love you feel like you would do anything for that person and feel like you can't live without them. Loving someone means you have feelings of love for the person.
    Anonymous

• Being in love is a strong physical as well as mental attraction. You want to touch that person, spend time with them, get to know them etc. LOVING a person is wanting whats best for someone, deeply caring about them. Example. The love you feel for your husband or BF versus the love you feel for a parent or child...
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 12:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• In Love = hormones.
    Loving someone = caring about their well-being AS MUCH AS (not instead of) your own.
    Anonymous

• Agree with Malibustacy. I'm IN love with my SO but I LOVE my mom and my children.
    Anonymous

• Love is what is still there when those warm fuzzy feelings fade away. Love makes you stay not just for better, but for worse. Not just in health, but in sickness(including mental illness), too. Love makes you stay when all you have to eat are cheap hot dogs and Ramen noodles...or sometimes JUST the Ramen noodles! Love makes you apologize for YOUR part in an argument, even if the other party never does.
    Love is II Corinthians 13.
    Anonymous

• ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Being "in love" is usually denoting the feelings associated with physical attraction and heart flutterings. Love is a choice that we make to commit to the object of our love and to do and say loving things even when we don't feel like it. The truth is that feelings follow our thoughts. So if you want to keep the loving feelings, you have to keep thinking the loving thoughts. The feelings of being in love will come and go over the course of a lifetime. The choice to love will remain constant. Been married 45 years and have always loved my husband, but have not always felt real loving towards him, especially when he had aggravated the snarf out of me. Most of the aggravations occurred because he touched areas where I was extremely selfish!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Being "in love" could mean anything these days. Usually when I hear those words it's during the "honeymoon phase" of the relationship --he or she is wonderful, gorgeous, can do no wrong --until you find that dreamboat actually has a flaw or two. Loving someone means being there through thick and thin, richer or poorer, the good and the bad, and actually *choosing* to love this person despite the dirty socks on the floor or he works later hours than you'd like him to or just the fact that you are hormonal and he's ticking you off. Being in love can last 5 minutes and quit or it can be the start of a wonderful journey.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2010