Mom was given wrong baby, sues...what do you think of this?

I apologize if this link has been posted already, I haven't been on in a few days.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/features_julieshealthclub/2010/02/mom-sues-hospital-after-breastfeeding-wrong-baby.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Anonymous

• can't add a hyperlink for some reason, sorry
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Thank you!
    Anonymous

• This family is seeing dollar signs.

Sue Happy America
    Anonymous

• hmmm.. That's a tough one.. On one hand mixing up babies is SERIOUS business, but on the other hand, the family seems a little to eager to sue sue sue-- I'd have to know more details about how the mix up happened, how they figured it out and how it was rectified-- to really take sides. I mean it's unacceptable, but the nurses are PEOPLE and mistakes happen.

AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• this always freaked me out! I didn't allow dd out of dh's and my sight during the c section or anytime in the hospital because of stories like this!!! I understand accidents but I'd be pissed!

As far as sueing..... not my style! But how old was the baby?! It's not like the bond was taken and what about the other mother??!
    Anonymous

• I think I'd be horrified. But I also think mom sees an oppurtunity to make a lot of money.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the comments left on that site-- it's the OTHER mom that should be suing. Plus, how can you not recognize your own baby? What a dimwit!

Anonymous

• I agree, how would you not look at your baby before nursing them? Every time my babies came back from leaving the room with the nurse I checked to make sure it was my baby. I looked at their faces and checked their leg band to make sure they matched mine. I think the woman is looking for a payday. No wonder health care costs are skyrocketing, with all of these foolish lawsuits.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2010