Do you think this is an unreasonable request?

An "ex" friend of mine had asked me in the past if she could have a copy of my resume to use for her own. I have always made more money than her at my jobs and I also paid a resume company to help me outline my resume to have it professional. How would you handle that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd say no. Period.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Absolutely not!
    Anonymous

• I would tell her that I didn't feel comfortable doing that. If it ends the friendship, so be it. What a selfish request. Your friend lacks both honor and integrity and I would not trust her to feed my pets.
    Anonymous

• Very unreasonable!
    Anonymous

• To USE as her own? Like that your jobs were her jobs? Absolutely not! Perhaps you can give her a generic sample of how a resume is outlined, but the rest is up to her.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• If it was a good friend, I'd offer to help her outline a unique one for her.
    Anonymous

• You had someone do yours. I don't see the difference between that and you providing one for her. I'd tell her to adjust it to her experience. It's like getting one online and adjusting it. Not a big deal if you ask me...oh yeah you did
    Anonymous

• I would not feel comfortable giving out my resume - especially to an ex friend. Instead I would say something like "I'd be happy to give you the name of the person/company who designed my resume." If the person who asked is a good friend then I would draw up a basic outline of my resume or help her design hers.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• tell her the name of the company and phone number if you have it. tell her you had to pay for it so you dont really think you should pubish their work. tell her that microsoft does have a resume makers with lots of different templates.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• You had someone do yours. I don't see the difference between that and you providing one for her. I'd tell her to adjust it to her experience. It's like getting one online and adjusting it. Not a big deal if you ask me...oh yeah you did :

First of all I didnt not have someone make up jobs and experience! SHe wanted to act like she was as smart as me and she clearly wasn't! Sounds like something you would do yourself anon 1:37. Pitiful.
    Anonymous