HEEELP~! Disgusting question about cystic acne... TMI~!!!!

OMG someone please help me..I have a first date tomorrow, just coffee..and I have a HUGE ZIT right near my mouth~! Sexy, huh?! I am thinking of postponing the date..I have been applying clean and clear to it, and I swear it just got harder and BIGGER..there is no way to squeeze it because it's so dry/hard from that damn stuff...I was just about to poke it with a freakin needle to see if I could drain the damn thing, but that will probably just make it worse! HELP~! Anyone? Are there ANY immediate fixes out there???? Sorry this is so gross! Thanks in advance to anyone who kept reading and will offer me any advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would sterilize the needle, drain it, and then apply alcohol to dry it up quickly. Then put a band-aid on it and go ahead and go on the date. If he's that superficial, you don't want him anyway.
    Anonymous

• sometime using hot water on a rag works. as hot as you can stand it without burning yourself. it helps to bring them to a head so you should be able to pop it.

Anonymous

• awe, I'm so sorry! I have cystic acne too and it sucks!!! I have found absolutely no fix for it! all the medicated creams and face washes don't work because they do nothing for the stuff inside them. a warm compress on it for a while will help you be able to drain it. then apply the acne cream.

but honestly, don't cancel the date because of it! If he can't accept you the way you are and he is shallow enough to not want a relationship because you have acne, he is NOT a guy you should be with!
    Anonymous

• OP here...thanks so much for the advice and support girls! I'll try the warm washcloth and needle thing I think...ahhh...I'm scared~!
    Anonymous

• Hey! I know this is late but you could try putting smashed aspirin on it. You just put a tiny tiny bit of warm water on it to get it mushy and then put it directly on the pimple (or even all over your whole face as a mask).

Let us know how everything works out! : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 11:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Also, you know I almost canceled on my now husband several times because of my non-clear skin. I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful things he notices about you and wouldn't even realize your skin isn't just how you want it. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 11:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• it sounds like a pustule.. or an infected papule... you can leave it alone and cover it up with make up or drain it and apply neosporin.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2010