Does anyone else feel like their 1 year old is the worst sleeper on the face of the earth?!

I DO

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like you need a break. Have someone else keep them for a night and check into a hotel. A cheap one. It's worth the sixty bucks to sleep for a night.
    Anonymous

• no..... I'm the lucky one with the child who always sleeps. However, I do think I have the worst sleeping DH in the world! It takes FOREVER to put that man to sleep!!!

Have you tried music softly playing? Dd is always super active when I try to pull her into bed which is why she sleeps in her room and has since she was 2 mos (she was sleeping 8 continuous hours at that time). Also rubbing the temples helps my dd (lol and is the ONLY way DH goes to bed!) I do agree with pp, get just one night away, then come back refreshed!!! GL!!!

07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I get to get away on Friday for a night so that will be nice. I just feel like geez! She is almost 15 months old she should be taking at least an hour nap instead of 1 maybe two 30 min naps a day and I feel like she should be sleeping through the night =) It's just frustrating but I'll survive, haha.
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• i did. my son woke me up 2-5 times per night until he was 17 months old. now he's 2 years and 4 mos and sleeps through the night
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Oh yes, the one nap a day! I was soooo upset when that started... I think it was around 14-15 mos when she dropped her second nap and then she dropped them all at 23 mos! Now she's 27 and at least plays for a few mins by herself.... however it doesn't last long enough to get the dishes in the dishwasher! lol
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2010