SAHM's?

If your husband/SO lost his job, would you pick up the slack for a little while and let him stay home while you went out to work?

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband's unemployment would be more than what I made while I was working so no lol. Besides I can't imagine what the house would end up looking like by the time I got home.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My dh couldn't handle being at home with the kids. He gets antsy to go back to work after a week long vacation, feels like he's not doing enough to support us. And I could never find a job to cover our bills, he has much more chance of that!
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 1:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I would expect him to look for a job, but I would work hard to make and sell more pottery.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yeah.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I wish I could. I wish I could show him what a crappy job I have with nobody to support me or encourage me. I wish I could show him how HARD it is to stay home and listen to people judge me and for him to agree with them. I wish it were him waiting on me hand and foot just to hear me complain. You bet I would, but I'd make sure he actually DID my job, and let him know when he failed as he never hesitates to let me know when he thinks I have failed.
    Anonymous

• I work from home part time, but if my husband ever lost his job, I would definitely go out and find something. I have a B.S. in Business Administration so I know I can get a great job. It would be great for him to get a chance to spend even more time with our son and just do what he wants to do for awhile. He'd love it!
    Anonymous

• Nope, i would never make what my husband is capable of making. He really is a jack of all trades and would have a better chance of finding a job before i could. Plus...my house would be a disaster..LOL
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 1:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I'm a SAHM mom with a night job... but:

If he couldn't get another job I would... He has more schooling and a stronger resume than me so he automatically makes more money. But if the question is- am I opposed to switching roles and having him stay at home while I work? Sign me up!!! lol He would see how hard it is so he would appreciate the little things I was doing, plus my girls would get to bond with their dad more. I like when he's at home when I get home. =)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 1:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My husband has stayed home and took care of the house and kids while I worked before. We also used to work opposite shifts and trade off the kids. If he lost his job and was unable to find another one right away that's exactly what we would do.
    Anonymous

• If it was necessary, but we have enough money to fall back on that we could afford to let him teak a break for quite a while and look for another job. I know it would make him feel horrible if I had to gt a job bc he lost his, and he's the type of guy that would search 24/7 until he found another job.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2010