i have a 9 year old how can i help her in school?

dell101

Asked by dell101 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• What do you need to help her with? That would help us better help you out.
    Anonymous

• Help her with her homework. Check her homework. Ask her about her day. Get involved with the school. Make sure you feed her healthy food and she gets enough sleep.

You were really quite vague. It's hard to help when we don't know what you are asking.
    Anonymous

• I have a 9-year old daughter. We have our struggles just like everyone else when it comes to getting her homework completed. But I have found that the better relationship that I have with her teacher, the better she does. The reason for this is because she knows that I know she is working on a project/homework because her teacher has told me. I ask her everyday after school what she needs to do and then I offer to help her with it (not do it, but help). I take her to the library, I help her look up information of the Internet and I give her suggestions on how she can layout poster or reports. I always encourage her and build her esteem when she gets good grades.  I also volunteer in her class every couple weeks and make snacks for her to share.  She is encouraged to bring home her school work and tests and we go over it together. 

sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 12:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Stay involved in what your daughter is doing in school. Check her homework and make sure she is doing it. Ask her about how things are at school. If she's struggling in any of her subjects, make sure she gets the help she needs from you or a tutor.
    joyfulmom30

Answer by joyfulmom30 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2010