what do u do when you little girl needs to go potty in a public restroom?

I am babysetting a little girl and sometime she has to go to wal mart with me and there restrooms are gross... she is potty training so when she has to go she has to GO. i dont set my bottom on the seat but kinda huver over it.

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 1:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• put toilet paper on the seats and help her sit on them.
    Anonymous

• use a seat cover
    Anonymous

• Buy some antibacterial wipes and wipe down the seat. They are pretty cheap and will fit in your purse or diaper bag. Make sure to wipe the seat with TP when you are done or it will be wet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Make sure she goes before you leave from home, but I can tell you, we visit the restroom almost every time we go.. anyweher! because that's just how it seems to be. So yeah use the toilet seat covers, make sure she spreads her legs apart (you know how a lot of seats have that space in the front of the seat and of course you don't want her touching that area) and WASH her and your hands very well.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Toilet paper. Toilet seat covers.
    Actually, my Wal Mart is incredibly clean. But when I lived in Ft. Myers the Wal Mart bathroom was probably the nastiest place on Earth.
    Anonymous

• complain at the walmart. shouldnt be that way. they do have seat covers, anti bac wipes. etc, but you shouldnt have to deal with it.... complain!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Stop going to that Walmart if it's that nasty. I have no problem taking my daughter to the bathroom when we go out. We go to the stall that has a clean, dry seat. If the seat is wet for whatever reason, I grab a handful of paper and wipe it off.
    Anonymous

• My daughter-in-law actually found some kind of a portable device that she could carry with her. I wish I could remember what it was called. Maybe you could look on line.
    Anonymous

• Two things, first write a letter to the Management of the store about the state of the bathroom. There are hygiene and cleanliness policies for the stores and there's every chance the managers have no idea.
    Second, Basic hygiene - it is NOT a big deal, there are just as many germs on the handle of a shopping trolley and you don't wrap that in toilet paper - Let her go to the toilet. I would lift her on and hold her hands so she doesn't touch and to help her balance. When she's finished the essential thing to do is wash her hands, either in the bathroom, or using the no-water liquid hand sanitisers (with my kids, I use the hand sanitiser to avoid the taps).
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I put lots and lots of toilet paper on the seats or a couple of seat covers.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2010