Hey! Has anyone worked for the Census?

I thought about applying, thinking maybe I could bring the kids along around the neighborhood... Wondering if any of yall have taken a US Census job, and what it included.

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 1:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I worked on the 1980 Census but worked in the building, not as an enumerator going door to door. I imagine they would frown on you making a field trip out of it with children. I loved working for the Census though.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I applied. Still not sure if I got the job. It is kinda late to be applying now.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Thanks!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Not to be a big downer, but.... my little brother was doing census work until someone pulled a gun on him. He'd been chased by dogs plenty, but the gun was the last straw. It wasn't like he was in a rough neighborhood. He's a college student (19). He's tall, clean cut, good looking, white in a white neighborhood, wore all of his official business name tag crap.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2010