From your experience what group is more likely to ...?

I have seen quite a few Christian conservative moms who say that 9-11 was a false flag and I wonder if you think they are more likely to say this. I have a friend who is LDS and she says she sure it was.

This is a sociological questionIDON`T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT 9-11 so please keep on topic.

Do you think Republicans or Democrats or independents or what ideology are more likely to say this and why?

NO BASHING
Just give your honest opinionplease

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know a single christian conservative that thinks this. I have only seen this nonsense coming from liberals.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Fot the mormons I think it has to do with the bible.
    Anonymous

• I know 3 people that think this. 2 are Christian republicans, one is moderately liberal - though I'm not sure of her beliefs.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Thank you, Duster Mommy for giving a straight answer and for being able to do so without bashing. So refreshing.

Anonymous

• Sorry, but as a Conservative, I'm pretty careful about lumping people into a predicted group according to just a characteristic or two.

For instance, it is valid to predict the opinion of individual people who have joined themselves into a group which agrees with Progressive goals, or agrees with lower-taxes goals, etc. But their political opinion about taxes is no predictor of what color their eyes are, or what religion they belong to, or what kind of shoes they like.

Similarly, an individual's conclusions about 9/11 would be based on the articles and evidence they have seen about it more than their religious or political ("Christian, Conservative") ideas.

So, to predict people's opinion about 9/11 based on unrelated features like Christian or Conservative seems to me to be sort of a dis-connect ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I don't know ANYONE lib or rep or whatever, who think this outside of some nuts on here.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• "Fot the mormons I think it has to do with the bible."

I just want to put the brakes on this now. I am LDS (or Mormon) and there is no official church teachings on 9 11.

Most people in my congregation seem to be of the opinion that it was terrorist caused, but not all of them, and none that I've talked to (of either opinion) have cited religious reasons.
    Anonymous

• Waldorfmom,
    The question is from people's experience and is of general interest. I know I have wondered about if and for those of us who do know people like this it is something to think about.Of course ideology is more important than eye color in this case and it is of course a factor in whether people arrive at this conclusion or can even objectively entertain the possibility. I am not trying to predict anything just reflect on our experiences. Thank you for your thoughtful answer. You pass on the No bashing. So refreshing.
    Anonymous

Most people in my congregation seem to be of the opinion that it was terrorist caused, but not all of them, and none that I've talked to (of either opinion) have cited religious reasons."

I think it is more to do with the Bible's end times prophecies and not anything just of the Mormons.
    Anonymous

• I don't personally know anyone who thinks that 9-11 was a false flag op. I have seen stuff on TV and on the internet, but that is all. Sorry I couldn't help.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2010