Prominent Climate Scientist Predicts 30 years of Global Cooling?

The bitter winter afflicting much of the Northern Hemisphere is only the start of a global trend towards cooler weather that is likely to last for 20 or 30 years, say some of the world’s most eminent climate scientists.

Their predictions – based on an analysis of natural cycles in water temperatures in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans – challenge some of the global warming orthodoxy’s most deeply cherished beliefs, such as the claim that the North Pole will be free of ice in
summer by 2013.

According to the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre in Colorado, Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007 – and even the most committed global warming activists do not dispute this.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1242011/DAVID-ROSE-The-mini-ice-age-starts-here.html#ixzz0fj4Fv1Au

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, good ! What a relief !

Since we are already 10 years into a cooling trend (according to the actual temperature records), then that means we have only 20 more years to go.

So, with only 2 more decades, it won't be an Ice Age or anything ! Yay!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• What's your question?
    Anonymous

• All I ask...is that when things start getting really really cold.....to please refrain from buying any GoreTex garments to keep warm with.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Um, why did they call it global WARMING in the first place? Weren't we supposed to have record HEAT and coastal flooding? I could have SWORN the graphs all showed the temperature going up, and up, and up....
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Um, why did they call it global WARMING in the first place? Weren't we supposed to have record HEAT and coastal flooding?
    ___
    Right? I thought Cali was supposed to be the new Atlantis and all the polar bears are supposed to die!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Well, that should be long enough to get me through the hot flashes of menopause.......

1
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't place any money on a resurgent ice age if I were you.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2010