Come on Baby!!!

I am 37+ weeks preg and, like most women, am anxiously awaiting my labor. This is my second time around and I have heard that if I walk a lot it is likely to trigger labor. I have also heard about castor oil working as a trigger...
ANY suggestions or stories of personal experience on how to get the ball rolling a little early are greately appreciated. THANK YOU!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry but if baby is not ready you can do all sorts of thinks and it will not work. You just have to have more patients. Do not do castor oil unless you want to have the runs. Just time will be what baby needs.
    Anonymous

• Castor oil sucks!!! It worked for me with my first...but I had to crap all through my labor lol. I was done before I had my son, but every time I had to go, the nurse had to check me to make sure I wasn't fully dialated...and when you have to go, it's really hard to hold off till the nurse is ready. Also it really tastes bad, like eating your kids crayons or something. I didn't use it again.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• imo there is nothing. the baby releases some complex and mysterious mix of hormones, and that's what triggers labor. :-) some people say sex because of the prostglandins in sperm, but the levels aren't nearly high enough, or because orgasm might trigger contrax, but i really don't think so. walking can't hurt but it won't start labor unless labor was about to start anyway. castor oil i would use as a last resort because it can cause bad diahrea and abdominal cramps, that probably also wouldn't put you into labor unless you were right there on the verge anyway.

=) if you are about 37 weeks, it could be any day now, or it could be a few weeks yet. just try to relax. :)
    Anonymous