hospital bag?

What should I pack in my hospital bag for when the baby comes? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You're going to want your toiletries. I went to the pharmacy and got those mini bottles of shampoo, lotion, etc so I wasn't using up space with my full size versions. Comfy clothes for you to wear that you won't mind getting stained from bleeding. At least one nursing bra. Something to wear on your feet, slippers or flip flops for when you're walking around so your socks don't get disgusting from the floors. Don't bring any pre-pregnancy clothes expecting to go home in them! You (most likely) won't fit, so again, comfy clothes. An extra set of clothes for your partner. Camera and extra batteries or charger, your cell & charger, a list of people who will need to be called (including pediatrician, WIC, insurance, etc). Books, magazines, MP3 player etc to keep you occupied in case labor takes a while. An outfit or two or three for baby, maybe a special "going home" outfit.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• You WON'T need diapers, the hospital will provide them, along with pads for you, but you might want to bring your own pads in case you don't like the ones from the hospital. They'll also have receiving blankets for the baby, and if you're formula feeding, they'll have that too.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• SNACKS! that's what i wish i had with me, both for my husband during and after labor, and for myself after birth =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• leave some empty room in your bag for things they will send home with you - bottles, formula (even if you're going to breastfeed, it's great to have on hand for emergencies), diapers and wipes, etc.

Answer by missanc at 2:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2010