why do mil's think they know everything?

Don't get me wrong I love my mil but I'm really sick of hearing how she gave dd (6months old) a few oz of water or apple juice when she's got plenty of breastmilk right there. Then to top it off I still put my milk in 2oz because I don't want to waste it if not used. Well I dropped dd off one day because daycare was closed and dh and I had to work. When I picked dd up there was 5 oz in a bottle in the fidge. Mil said I saved this cause I know how hard you work to get it out. Well it had been sitting in a bottle she had drank off for over 3 hours so it got tossed anyways. I was a little ticked about that. Ggggrrrrr I know she means well but gggrrrrr.

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What bugs me about mine is. My hubbys Dad remarried(hubbys mom passed away) Well he remarried a women that has never had kids. She is constantly telling me how she read this and we should do or not do this because the books say so. Going anon because my SIL is on here.
    Anonymous

• mine did the same thing. I didn't want my kids to have juice or candy or ice cream cause if you never had it, you don't know what your missing. I would go to pick my kids up and they would have juice and candy and she would go, "oh...is it okay if they have this?" All my kids had to have dental work. Not saying it was all her, but I told her that if she wants to let them eat candy all day, then she can pay the thousands of dallors to the dentest. I don't think it's right to go against the mother.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2010