tantrums

How do I make them stop? Ds 3 1/2 will get timeout for acting up then while in time out will start doing something like sliding and falling so timeout will start over once he stands up and faces the corner but having to stop timeout always starts the waterworks which are followed by screaming and time in his bedroom. When the tantrum over he comes and serves his 3 min just fine but I'd like to get rid of the tantrum and just have him go to time out then get on with the day. How do I make the tantrums stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Spank his rear end and skip the time-outs!
    Anonymous

• I won't spank for 2 reasons one I've tried in the past and it didn't do a darn thing and 2 dh and I were both abused so if we spank (or get angry enough to spank) we go overboard. Now we walk away and cool off if we get to that point. We tell the other parent so they can handle it or ds sits in his room and we take time to cool off.
    Anonymous

• you know im goin through the same thing i dont like hitting because i feel like i can go a lil to hard so what ive been doing is be very councious of your level of anger while he is having his tentrum i mean i kno w what ur think how the heck can i concentrate with all the screaming but you NEED TO then breath TRUST me that helps and then get down on his level 3 year olds undestand more then they let us know be persistant when u tell him LOOK AT MOMMY once u have eye contact TRUST me its easier to calm him down n if all fails i hold his arms straight up so he wont be getting out of time out n make him stand there all while explaining to him why he is there but when that fails i scream i admit i pull his pants down n spank his booty ahh i need help too. but hopefully some of this will help
    mommyto2txboys

Answer by mommyto2txboys at 10:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2010