Does your husband do this?

Take everyone at their word and never question what anyone says?

Scenario 1: He recently received a bill for some medical expenses that he thought were paid in full. Instead of calling to double-check, he just complains to me about having to pay it and writes a check.

Scenario 2: Was suppose to be at an appointment at 9:00 am (has to drive three hours to get there). Received a phone call saying be there at 8:30 am. He never once questioned or explained that this was difficult because of the long drive. He just says, "Okay" and then we have to make new arrangements to meet the new scheduled time.

This is driving me nuts, he does it all the time. He just does what everyone tells him to do, when they tell him to do it, without ever questioning their validity.

Dyndudes

Asked by Dyndudes at 3:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• omg yes!!!!
    we went to get a place to rent, and they said well you gotta do this and that blah blah.. he said "OK" its always ok! never questions or anything. i just wish sometimes he would put his foot out a little futher and say things rather than be like 'ok" you know? and yeah car inspection time came up and they said well we cant do the inspection til you do this and its gonna cost u this much, hes like a big dummy and says ok! im like hey stupid.. they just took your money and made an excuse to get some more, that was not needed !!! anyways yeah he doesnt ever say anyting to anyone, i dont know why hes so afraid. but he sure the hell aint scared to speak up to me! that angers me.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I think it's a male thing. My wonderful DH will do anything that anyone else asks him to do, but....when it comes to me doing the asking, foret it. Ya tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. The boys say jump and he's already in the air asking "how high?"...and something will never change.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My husband is sort of the same way, but after 10 years his answer is always that he's got to run it by his wife, lol. The worst he's ever done was about 9 years ago. We were up late and he ran to K-mart after midnight to buy what ever it was. While he's in there, some lady backs into our car and smashes the front end and completely demolishes one of the headlights. There were witnesses around and she waited for him to be paged and all that. He gets out there, she's crying like an infant, she's driving a bronco that reeks of booze and there are a bunch of little kids in it. She tells him a sob story about how she doesn't have insurance, please don't call the cops, blah blah blah, she promises to pay for the damages herself and swears up and down that she wasn't drinking and that someone else spilled booze in her truck.

Running out of room, will continue.
    Anonymous

• Okay, so we have unisured motorist coverage on our insurance, all that would have to be done is call the police, get a accident report number and our car would be fixed.
    Does he do it? Hell no! And what's worse is she runs out of gas while they're talking about it, so he pay's her cab fare home!!!!!!!!
    Needless to say, she gave him a fake phone number, we had to pay for it ourselves, and he learned a lesson.

As pissed as I was, I do have to say that it's probably that part of his nature that makes me love him all the more.
    Anonymous

• My husband is not like that at all. He is on top of everything and even reminds me what I need to do! Have you takled with your dh about how important it is to makesure he ison top of things.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• No mine almost the complete opposite. He thinks everyone is out to screw him
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• No. My husband is the man of a million questions. LOL His brain is always going and he never takes anything at face value. if someone says "Do you have any questions?" I get comfortable in my chair and feel for the person who asked my husband that question because YES, he WILL have questions. I actually like that about him. He always knows what to ask & he asks questions that are often ones that have never been asked before but that are very valid and should have been asked before. He's very thorough.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I also have one that is almost the complete opposite. Mine doesn't necessarily think people are out to screw him. He just thinks people most everyone else is stupid. LOL.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• i have to say no, and i am the same way. if something isn't coming up right to me or hubby, we question it.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 6:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2010