Terminator vs Squirrel?

Terminator vs. Squirrel

Arnold Schwarzenegger has had enough of mindless interference by environmentalists.

By JOHN FUND

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is as green as any governor, from promoting alternative fuels to imposing carbon limits on California to fight climate change.

But even he's had enough of the mindless interference with development that characterizes the actions of many environmentalists. In a state where one out of eight workers is unemployed, Mr. Schwarzenegger is asking the legislature for more authority to fast-track projects after they have undergone an environmental impact study.

"Right now the way it's written, a lot of those laws, it's an invitation to misuse them," he told reporters last week. "And it holds up projects for too long a period of time, especially now."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Mr. Schwarzenegger singled out environmental obstacles that are blocking construction of alternative energy farms in the Mojave Desert. Some of his green allies have become "fanatics," he said, and "go overboard." He then launched an extended riff explaining why he thought environmental objections to the Mojave Desert projects on the grounds they could hurt endangered species were, well, specious.

(snip)

"I say, 'What squirrel? I was out there, I didn't see a squirrel.'

"They say, 'Well, there could be a squirrel coming very soon.'

"So I say, 'But there's no squirrel there right now.'

"'But you've got to protect things that could be there.'"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703525704575061532708529798.html

Anonymous

• Smile. He can't pronounce California, but I'm with him on this one!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• He has a point.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• He has a very valid point. BLM just released a report on the solar project out in the Mojave and it does include some possible alternatives. It says there will be an impact on desert tortoises but recommends that Chevron, the builder, buy some land to relocate the reptiles.

Brightsource Energy has already said that IT will buy land for a tortoise habitat.

There are ALWAYS ways to make both sides work, if you're willing to look for them.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• He has a point. and had sexy abs.... sorry just throwing that out there.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• LOL, I guess we should all be prepared for any contingency......I remember when my Mom used to think he was hot!

1
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2010