deals with God...

I hear God doesn't make deals but listens to prayers. Does God ever want you to return the favor? Like help out others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Deal - tit for tat - I dont think it works like that.... lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• He doesn't make deals, but yes He very much wants us to help out others. That should be the main focus of Christianity, unfortunately it is not.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 5:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Not sure. Unfortunately I've never been granted anything I've prayed for. :(
    Anonymous

• All He asks from us is TIME... spend time with Him. Love like He does and He will do the rest. There is no need to make deals with God, you can ask anything IN HIS NAME and He will answer. It may not be the answer you wanted to hear as He knows your heart and your future better than you, yet HE WILL ANSWER :-)

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I don't know about others, but I did notice that every time I prayed for a favor and it was answered I always ended up paying a price for that favor. For instance, when we wanted our new house, I prayed that we would get it. At that time my husband had a well-paying job with the county and I was making enough from my job at the library that we could swing the $520 mortgage payments. We moved in Sept. By Nov. 17th (our anniversary) my husband was fired from his job at the county. We got our prayer answered but we paid for it quite dearly, barely managing to hang on to the house with my paycheck until he found another job. God always gets his pound of flesh. ALWAYS!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• For you to believe your paid for the favor you would have to believe in God and that He answered your prayers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• If you need a miracle, be that miracle...

You can pray all you want, god doesn't grant. You yourself has to do the work. You need to make the changes in order for changes to come about.

So I say no to deals with god.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• the lord does want you to help others and to do good works but not in a do this for me god and i will do that for you kind ofdeal. but if you decide to do something in memory of a prayer request fullfilled then that would be fine
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 10:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I don't think it is a "let's make a deal" thing. ;-)
    We should all do good things for others with no thought of a reward.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i have always thought of deal with god when people are at their wits end. and say.... dear god (that is like a prayer) if you do ___ for me... i will never do ____ again.... i kinda did that with my first son... said dear god if you make him heathy and get me though this i will never have more kids... then i wanted one more kid, had a baby who died. i do believe in deals with god... because it has backfired on me for asking too much... i might be crazy but whatever.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2010