What limitations would you put on your 16 y/o daughter with boys & relationships?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My daughter is on lockdown until she's sixty!!!!
    *cries, knowing how unrealistic this is*
    Anonymous

• My daughter turns 21 this year and is married with 2 kids. So I have been there done that. Rules we had were simple:
    1. The young man always comes to the door to introduce himself, no car honking or the dates over.
    2. They had to be home at curphew.
    3. No one more then 2 yrs older.
    4. We preferred dates to happen in a family setting such as birthday parties, family BBqs etc.
    5. No Drinking, No Drugs.

Answer by gemgem at 4:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Oh almost forgot and no sleep overs ever!

Answer by gemgem at 4:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• i would want to meet him, know where they are going on dates, and want her to call and check in. i might make him take a blood test to find out if he has any STD's, give them condoms and put her on birth control.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I agree fully with GemGem.

No honking, the date MUST come to the door.
    The date MUST meet the parent(s).
    The curfew MUST be kept.
    If you are going to a house, there MUST be a responsible adult supervising.
    No sleepovers
    No drugs, No drinking
    She MUST have her cell phone on her at all times and it MUST be on (Buzz if in a movie). This more for her safety than to check on her.

My boys has the same rules as our daughter will have. The twins are 20 and had a curfew no more than 30 minutes after the girls depending on where she lived. They had to have their phone on them. They had to go up and ring the bell and introduce themselves to the girls parent(s). If they were going to a party, they were to leave if there was no adult supervision or if drugs or alcohol were present. (and yes, my boys left parties because of this.) They were expected to keep it in their pants and did!
    Anonymous

• Con't. ran out of characters.
    They were not allowed to date anyone more than a year younger or older than they were. I didn't want them at 16 to be dating a 14 yr old or at 18 to be worried about dating a 16 yr old with a strict father.

One of my twins will be getting married this summer to the gal he's been with for 3 yrs now. They are both in college, going to finish their degrees and then start having children.
    The other twin is very content looking for the right gal to ask out and has yet to find her. He's very picky about his choices.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm.... I think the first date will have to be dinner at my house lol. I learned from my mom's mistakes, NO SLEEPOVERS. My little brother and sister both have live-in SO's who don't pay rent and eat my mom's food, use her utilities, etc.

I agree with everyone else, too, I will expect that my children and their dates treat each other with respect, and treat me with respect, and to treat themselves with respect. I'm not worried about them having sex, I know they will and I'm okay with that as long as it's safe and it's done out of love and not being pressured (and please, kids, not before 16? PLEASE?! lol).

That's all I got for ya.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• When i was 16 I wasnt allowed a bf. Once my parents allowed it i was only allowed at my house with him, in the living room with my parents... very strict, that doesnt work I agree with everyone

-meet parents
    -make cerphew
    -no sleepovers!
    -no alch. drugs
    -polite
    -adult supervision.. to an extent
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have a 16 yo dd and her rules are pretty much the same as the others. Respect is HUGE, and there is no text that I'm here come on out! In the house if you want to leave with my kid! Curfews, drinking, drugs and sleepovers are not even an option. Don't even ask! And sex, well, sex, we have talked and talked and yelled and cried! But yes even though it has not happened yet, this I know, it will this I know too. Safe and smart, I'll buy you condoms before I end a pregnancy. And I am done with babies. So Safe and Smart!! No ifs ands or buts! And you will spend time with this family, if you can't be at my home doing whatever, than you don't need to be with my girl. And a parent is home if my girl is at your house. Sorry!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I full worried about Purpul's son when he's finally of dating age. She's going to shove him out the door with a paper saying he's disease free along with a box of condoms??? Poor girl that he ends up liking. She's shit out of luck because he'll have no respect for her.
    Anonymous