What are some cool places to visit in the USA?

We are getting back a pretty big tax refund and I really want to take a family vacation. I live in Colorado and the only states I have visited are Nevada, Utah, California, Arizona and New Mexico. I have two kiddos that are 3 1/2 and 19 months so I would want a place that wouldnt be really boring for them. I am open to any suggestions! Thanks ladies :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• avoid south carolina, just moved from there and wont look back. florida is cool so is new york maybe the mall of america in min too.
    Anonymous

• I live in NC but havent been here my whole life. I have taken my kids to Nags Head which was alot of fun. You can see where the first plane was flown, multiple lighthouses, and visit Roanoke Island where the first settlers were. The settlers later disappeared and no one knows what happened. They h ave a recreation of the boat they came over in, people in costumes from the time period, play games with the kids, and overall is alot of fun for kids...PLUS its on the beach!
    In KY you can also go see Carter caves located in Carter County KY, and around there they also have a lake where people take their families for fishing, boating etc. Its alot of fun. Virginia has alot as well.
    NC also has Carowinds, and a zoo. Nags head also has an Aquarium.

Answer by gemgem at 4:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I am from Florida but live in Indiana. We always go and visit Florida. Orlando Florida has alot of family things to do.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 5:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Maybe Florida? Mall of America (Minnesota I think) sounds like it would be fun too.
    sophiasmommy212

Answer by sophiasmommy212 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I know this seems crazy, but my hometown Lancaster PA has a ton to do! There's the Amish country, lots of outlet shopping, some neat history in the city, like the oldest famer's market, a baseball stadium that is affordable with a large playground, a museum JUST for ages 2-8, Dutch Wonderland (amusement park geared towards preschool and young kids- google it), and you're an hour or so from Baltimore and 90 minutes from Philly, but it's cheaper to stay here. It's a very family friendly area!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• New Orleans
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 10:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Califirnia all the way. Follow hwy 101 its the highway that runs on the Pacific coast gorgeous!!!
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Avoid Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, etc. There is NOTHING to do in that part of the country. I would say California would be a great place to go because there is plenty of stuff for everyone and the cities are close enough together that you can do lots of stuff in a short amount of time.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2010