Would you find this insulting?

There is this contest that a local radio station in my area plays every year, they call it a "MILF" contest - basically, "hot" moms enter their photos and can win prizes if they are voted for. Well, my DH and I were over at his sister's house the other day and DH tells his sister, in front of me, that she ought to enter the contest b/c there is a prize they are offering that he really wants. He never mentioned me entering the contest. Now, I know I'm not beautiful, and I'm still a little heavy w/ baby weight, but just the fact that DH would basically insinuate that I wasn't even worth mentioning this to hurt me. A lot. It was like he was saying that his sister was WAY more beautiful than I was, and that he didn't think of me as "hot" at all. Would it hurt you to hear that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• just a radio game, dont like it, dont participate, tehy have wet t shirt contests here a lot so.....
    Anonymous

• Maybe he just doesnt want other guys looking at you:)
    Anonymous

• OP - You don't seem to have understood my question, anon...
    Anonymous

• Nope I wouldnt find it insulting. Maybe he was telling her in jest. I know my brother always tells me stupid things and doesnt think about his gf being there. We have a longer history and history of jokes some dont know about. Who knows, maybe this was something like that?
    Anonymous

• grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Anonymous

• yes unless he just wouldnt want his wife entering a contest like that
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yes, it would have hurt my feelings too. I would want my spouse to think I was "hot" and suggest I enter the contest.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• OP - No, he wasn't joking. He had mentioned wanting the prize they were offering (concert tickets) to me before. And he was trying REALLY hard to get her to do it.
    Anonymous

• Want my baseball bat? He needs a good rap on the skull.

You rfeelings are NEVEr right or wrong...they just ARE. It's what you DO with them that counts. In this case,a rap on the head or a week on the couch would be appropriate.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• selfish wants and selfish needs
    Anonymous