teething already!!! (2 mo.)

My Annabelle is teething ALREADY! She's two months tomorrow. I thought babies didnt start teething til atleast 6 months! She has one coming in and she keeps sticking her finger in her mouth and gagging on it. Shes trying to chew on her bottles instead of eat. lol...so my question is, do you think its okay for me to give her one of her nuks thats for 3 months and up since its harder? I thought it might help since she hasnt learned to pick up things to put in her mouth, so she hasnt got the teething ring thing down yet. Will the nuk damage her gums or do you think its okay? thanks ladies!

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 5:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oregel
    Anonymous

• Do not give her Orajel...it could harden her gums making it more painful and has the potential to cause her breathing issues especially since she is so young. You can try Hylands teething tablets. She would probably be fine with the pacifier, it is just a little bigger for bigger mouths. She might gag maybe or be just fine with it. Try wetting and freezing the corner of a washcloth and helping her to chew on it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yea, no orajel. My ped said not 'til 4 months. My daughter will be 3 months next week & she is also an early teether. We just let her chew on our fingers & give her a frozen washcloth. Also, those teething rings you can stick in the fridge should work nicely.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• yes my son started teething around that age. hes 8 months old and has 5 teeth now. get the frozen teething rings. and when ur DR gives u the OK, give him tylenol SOMETIMES. too much isnt good.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My son started teething around then too. I just let him chew on my breast because he hated cold things in his mouth.. but you can try a cold washcloth or a small teether (NOT frozen ones. Babies this young have too poor of circulation -- you could give her frostbite in a millisecond with frozen anything. )

I don't see the harm in the Nuk. You could even put them in the fridge for her. NOT the freezer .. don't put anything in the freezer. some of it will shatter (Nuks will shatter) and like I said before babies this young can get frostbite SUPER fast.

The only thing frozen I see as okay is a washcloth but even then.. this young?? Ehh I'd go with very cold out of the fridge myself.
    Anonymous