Organizing/Storing Jewelry...

How do you do it? I have a TON of jewelry. All sorts. Some I wear more than others, some are more valueable, some are just pieces that I've collected over the years. I don't want to use jewelry boxes, they take up too much space. I need some ideas that are cheap, fun, and easy to look at. I have alot of necklaces, all shapes and sizes, and tons of earrings, some bracelets, and quite a few rings. Thanks so much!!!

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 5:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a jewelry mannequin. I also have a ballerina figurine. Her arm and leg is stretched out and I put my bracelets on her.

Look up jewelry tree. They have tons of stuff at Hobbly Lobby.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have one of those tall jewerly boxes from Penny's and love it!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• For a cheap idea in your dreeser drawer: Do you ever buy bottled beer in a case? It has a cardboard divider inside for every beer, like a grid. Put the grid in a shoe box inside your dresser.

I like apothecary jars. You can stack your bracelets in one.

Candle holders. Dish section from Target. Mis matched antique tea cups.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have heard people use egg cartons. I keep most of my jewelry in a safety deposit box because we do not have a safe in our home. We have a large safe that is sitting at my Moms just waiting for us to figure out where to put it and how to anchor it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Good morning....Im back. I logged on here to tell you egg cartons. It hit me this morning as I was making scrambled eggs! lol (*Thumps forehead)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2010