when i stop leaking? its been four months

ok so my son is four months now and i am still nursing and was wondering when will i stop leaking with my first i stopped at 2 months but this time its just last longer is there anything i can do to help them stop leaking? i am still beast feeding and want to just dont want them to keep leaking any advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You may keep leaking and there may not be much you can do about it. You can apply pressure but you don't want to do that a lot because you can get a clogged duct.

I leaked a lot most of the time I breastfed. I would sleep on a towel so the sheets wouldn't get wet. I used washable breastpads and had a huge stack. Some were ones that I made myself. At home I would keep baby blankets or washcloths around to catch the milk from the letdown of the other breast when nursing.

I wore clothes that dried quick. When out if I got wet I would dry myself with bathroom hand driers. I made some tops that had extra layers over the breasts to cover leaks. Vests help. Print patterns show less.

I breastfed a combined total of 10 years of my life with all my children. Most of that time leaking!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I was trying to remember why some women leak and others don't and knew it had something to do with nipple anatomy. For some women the sphincter muscle of he nipple lacks tone. A relaxed sphincter muscle is good for breastfeeding. I guess my was just too relaxed. I could shoot milk across the room, at least 20 feet. My children loved this 'trick'.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I am still leaking at 12 months. LoL. Just use breastpads they're a lot cheaper than formula ;)
    Anonymous

• It's different for every woman. I only leaked the first week I was breastfeeding and never leaked again.
    NotVeryClever

Answer by NotVeryClever at 6:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I tend to leak only if it has been more than 3 hours between a feed. So, for me the more often I nurse the less I leak. When I know its going to be a while (work for example), I'll wear washable breast pads.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I agree with amilee. I used Lily Pads! They are the greatest!!! You can't see them under your bra like you can with some others!

http://www.mommybound.com/nursing-care/lilypadz-reusable-nursing-pads.aspx?gclid=CMe9sYDu-Z8CFQohDQodzxToag
    danielleaube

Answer by danielleaube at 12:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I leaked with all of my breast fed babies. They say you can use the breast pump while you nurse, but that was just a pain. My advise...Just use a towel to catch the leakage.
    IrishMom8

Answer by IrishMom8 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2010