Is the Verizon background slowing?

Is the Verizon background slowing down the site for anyone else? Pages take forever to load now, but sure enough, that background shows. I understand needing sponsors, but this is ridiculous. I don't want to wait 2 minutes to get to a page I want to read. Everything was fine before it showed up.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 5:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• yes and it is annoying.

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yes it is and I agree it is slowing things down. Boooo! Not a fan of the new adverts!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• yes i have refreshed so many times ugh!!!!
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I hate it!! I know you need advertisements to keep the site going for free but this? It's just a bit ridiculous. I've refreshed so many times on this site today. Hopefully CafeMom decides to take off the background SOON
    sophiasmommy212

Answer by sophiasmommy212 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Hi NightPhoenix, The Verizon ad is not the reason for the slowness. Please refer to our post in the CafeMom Discussion group to read more about it.

``CafeMom Admin Team

CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 5:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Its very distracting as well

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 6:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Thanks for the reply CM Team. I read the post, but still stand by what I said. I had no problems until the background showed up. Whatever the issue, I'm glad you are all trying to get to the bottom of it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• It hasn't slowed my computer but it is kind of annoying. Sorry Verizon, but it is. :-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Hasn't caused any problems for me, but I'm also running on a 20mb/s cable connection.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2010