ladies with the Mirena??

ok so i got the Mirena at my 6 week appt and my son is now 4 months but i have not had my period at all did any of you go through the same thing? i know i am not pregnant because we used condoms until i got it put in but i just want to know if this is ok? also my hair is falling out my the handfulls? i get in the shower and my hair just falls out it clogs the drain and i have to clean it out it is a lot of hair could this be from the birth control? thank you soo much for any advise you can give!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Health

• I did not have a period for the entire year and a half I was on the Mirena. I never had the hair falling out thing though....but if I remember correctly, that was one of the side effects.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I dont know about the hair falling out but what I do know is a friend of mine was on the mirena and when her daughter was 2 months old she ended up pregnant again!
    I would go to your doctor about the hair falling out and good luck not getting pregnant on the mirena.
    Anonymous

• hair falling out is just your body adjusting from difference of not being preg i had the same thing it just went back to normal it can get thicker when you are pregnant... the mirena is different for everyone.. just take a test if you are afraid and maybe have your doctor check on it but you are probobly fine.. i had a small period after getting it then didnt get one for months
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 6:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Its completely normal.. i got mine in at my 6 week appointment also.. my daughter is now 13 months.. i just got my first actual period..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2010